2019/20 USSRT Team Criteria
Eligibility for Consideration:
US Snowboard Racing Team will consider for selection only those athletes who have a good standing with the US Snowboard Racing Team and who have a valid U.S. passport, a valid USA-coded FIS license and who meet FIS minimum eligibility standards.
An athlete shall be ineligible for consideration if previously suspended or removed from the US Snowboard Racing Team without having been reinstated by the US Snowboard Racing Team board of directors.
US Snowboard Racing Team will select only the most qualified athletes with the greatest possibilities for winning medals in future World Championship and Olympic Winter Games competitions. Selection criteria will stress performance in the World Cup/World Championships in the 2019-20 season.
Athletes must demonstrate a capability to adhere to US Snowboard Racing Team Values and Code of Conduct to be eligible for nomination.
• The US Snowboard Racing Team board of directors is responsible for applying the selection criteria set forth herein.
• Objective selections shall be based on the results achieved by athletes in FIS competitions held between November 1, 2018 and March 29, 2019 (the “selection period”).
• Discretionary nominations, if any, may be based on a variety of factors, including competitions conducted outside of the selection period.
• Individual athlete nomination does not guarantee funding from US Snowboard Racing Team for competition or for preparation.
- Top 3 ranked Jr. Men from the 2018/19 Final NorAm Standings
- Top 3 ranked Jr. Women From the 2018/19 Final NorAm Standings
(If an athlete has qualified for NorAm or World Cup team, spots will be handed down to next Jr. in standings)
- 4 Top 6 finishes in Level 3 events during the 18/19 Season
- 4 Top 3 finished in Level 4 events during the 18/19 Season
World Cup Team:
- Started in 4 events Level 1 and/or Level 2 in the 18/19 Season
- Hold a personal WC Spot for the 19/20 season
Level 1- World Championships, Olympic Games
Level 2- World Cup events
Level 3- NorAm, Europa Cup
Level 4- FIS Race
Discretionary Selection Policy:
US Snowboard Racing Team may select additional athletes using discretion based upon factors other than the objective criteria. Any nominations with discretionary selections may consider any factors including (but not limited to) the following:
• Illness or injury during the selection period.
• Indication of medal potential in future Olympic and World Championship competitions, which would be materially enhanced by selection to team.
• Other unanticipated failure of objective criteria to select an athlete likely to achieve competition results consistent with the US Snowboard Racing Team program goals.